Saturday, December 13, 2008

What we did last Adha

We went balik kampung on saturday and stay there until wednesday.
The boys at my uncle's house, playing together

On Adha morning my uncle took my children to the Qurban perdana at Kg Parit Bulat Muar. The kids came home with so many questions. Aisyah asked me why do we killed the cows. I have to give a very long explaination started from the Phrophet Ibrahim's story.
One of the cows , seven cows for qurban this year

Cow whisperer

This might be disturbing for some. This picture is taken by Aisyah

I also explained that the animal for qurban is the animal that we loved the most. After that Omar said If we qurban animal that we loved than he should qurban the cats because he loved cats ( my grandmother's house had 4 cats and the kids loved it). The question make me laugh and at the same time a bit scared
. The question is so innocent, I explained to him that only cows, goat or sheep and camel can be qurban ( before I went back to Klang I had to check the cats, just in case if any of it is missing, Omar and Amir had some history of trying to qurban a few animals, he he).

Milo the children favourite cat


In the evening I took the kids and my cousins to the hot spring (my kampung had a hot spring not very far from my grandmother's house). The kids really enjoyed themselves, as for me I just dip my feet in the pool.
The entrance to the hot spring, Kolam Air Panas Sungai Resik Muar



hot spring pool

Omar showing off his swimming skill in the children pool and the water is cold.

By the way my mother is coming back from mecca after performing her hajj this coming sunday. Alhamdulillah, when I called her, she in a good health.
My mother, her sister and her brother in law before they fly off to madina

12 comments:

  1. She's coming home so soon? My uncle and cousing are only coming back from Mekah at the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macam baru lepas hujan nampaknya. Sepertimana juga di kampung saya di Kuantan, hujan berhenti apabila waktu Solat Sunat Aidilahda dan juga waktu penyembelihan sahaja. Kemudian hujan turun semula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aku pun buat korban gak tu hari but none of the kids sanggup nak nengok waktu sembelih tu. Masing2 penakut..even the boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aizan,
    My mother went to madina on 5 november they are among the first batch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izzo,
    Malam sebelum aidil adha hujan lebat tak berhenti, masa pagi tu punyelah sejuk. Rasa malas je nak bangun he, he.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain,
    Anak dara aku je yang berani yang bujang semua tak berani, si Amir balik terus tergamam. Tiap kali nampak lembu mesti kata tak boleh lupa lembu tadi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erm.. kira hebat la anak dara hang tu ekk sbb even aku sendiri pun x sanggup nak tgk. Asik la dok terngiang-ngiang je nnt. Erkk :)

    So, any special recipe yg hang masak utk daging qurban tu?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha jaga2 kucing tu! Mak kau masih cun macam dulu..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Laily, I have always read, heard about the 'korban', but never witnessed...was invited before, but I am rather squeemish where or when animals are killed in my presence, and young days nak jadi doktor...
    but when doing science kena disect katak, I gave up...
    don't like to see blood.
    Amacham nak jadi doktor? Ha ha.
    Here's hoping you and family doing well, Laily. Best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oja,
    anak bujang aku semua tak berani. Aku dapat kaki apa lagi buat suplah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nani,
    tu lah Amir hampir-hampir kurbankan kucing kesian kucing tu patah kaki di kerjakan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee,
    Memang you tak boleh jadi doktor, and lucky for human kind otherwise you'll disect with your eye close he he.

    ReplyDelete