Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yassin for abang

Today is my birthday, I received many birthday wishes, thanks to my friends who had send me birthday wishes through mail and sms. My late husband's birthday was 2 days earlier. We are not good with remembering birthdays, so i guess that is why Allah make our birth date not very far apart . We always forgot our anniversary but not our birthdays. When I told the kids about their father's birth date they were happy at first but than Omar ask me what should we do than. I told them we are going to pray together and read yassin for abah. They obliged.

Usually on our birthday we would buy cake, enjoy it among ourselves and give some to the neighbours. So today I will contimue the tradition, I want the kids to feel nothing had change, that eventhough their father is no longer with us we will still celebrate his birthday but with something extra yassin and prayers for abah. However there is something I miss very much, that is on my birthday exactly at midnight my late husband would wish happy birthday and give me a kiss.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Rita, aku lupa dah tarikhnya. Sayu pulak baca post ni. Moga Allah tabahkan hatimu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam laily...HAPPY BUFFDAY!!! aku doakan semoga Allah permudahkan segala2nye utk kau dan anak2. Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas arwah suami.
    Aku x leh le bc entry nko psl hubby, mesti termenangis. rasanya aku tak sekuat nko le.Aku ada citer ngan hubby aku psl fav song hubby nko, cpt je dia dpt teka the song.ye lah dia pun minat pink floyd gak.
    Well...you are not a year older but a year wiser..happy buffday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, Selamat menyambut hari ulangtahun.

    Who would have thought that things change so much in such little time.

    Begitulah ketentuanNya. InsyaAllah, walau ajal memisahkan awak dari dia di dunia, namun, di akhirat nanti pasti bertemu jua. Begitulah pengharapan setiap pasangan suami isteri. Bukan sahaja bahagia di dunia tetapi yg pentingnya utk kekal bahagia bersama2 hingga ke akhirat. Bukankah dunia ini hanya sekelip mata jika dibandingkan dgn akhirat yg kekal abadi.
    Cekalkan hati, buat persiapan, sememangnya kita nie manusia2 yg lemah.

    Allah S.W.T. berfirman mengingatkan kita di dlm Al-Quran bahawa:

    Tiap-tiap yang bernyawa akan merasai mati, dan bahawasanya pada hari kiamat sahajalah akan disempurnakan balasan kamu. Ketika itu sesiapa yang dijauhkan dari neraka dan dimasukkan ke syurga maka sesungguhnya ia telah berjaya. Dan (ingatlah bahawa) kehidupan di dunia ini (meliputi segala kemewahannya dan pangkat kebesarannya) tidak lain hanyalah kesenangan bagi orang-orang yang terpedaya. – Aali ‘Imraan (3) : 185

    ReplyDelete
  4. my busy schedules only allow me to visit and read blogs on sundays. i know i'm already so late, but happy belated birthday dear. your post is very touching. you are one strong lady, and your children are very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete