Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Epilepsy

Last two days was world epilepsy day. Someone very close to me, my half is suffering from epilepsy. He got it due to a brain operation he had while studying in the US which is caused by brain abscess . Now he have to take medication continuously to prevent from an epilepsy attack however he still get the attack despite taking the medication .

Recently he had an attack, it was a mild attack which cause him to lost control of his left side of the body. If the attack is a major attack he will lost control of all his body function up to a stage where he will pass motion uncontrollably, a doctor once told me at that point it is very dangerous because he might stop breathing because he had no control of his body and organ function. To me no matter what degree the attack is, it will always scared me to death.

Alhamdullilah when ever he is about to get the attack I will sense it, so I can take immediate action, usually I will make him take the pill, and make him sit on the floor to prevent any other injury. Once I was upstairs and he got the attack that make him fall of the chair luckily the injuries is not serious just a few bruises.

When I delivered my second child he got an attack while driving my eldest daughter to visit me at the hospital Alhamdulillah no serious injuries. Now every time he is driving to any where alone I will always feel my heart beat faster when he reach home late or when I fail to contact him.

Well that is my experience with someone suffering from epilepsy, any of you had any experience similar to mine do share.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Laily, sorry to hear that. So always pray to ALLAH that he is gonna be OK. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot kak zainab. I know dugaan allah came in various ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laily, I am sorry to hear he has epilepsy but its a comfort to know there are meds he can take. I understand your worrying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand much about epilepsy but it's good there's a way you can sense it's coming and you know how to prevent it. Hoping all the best for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks barbara but sometimes even after taking the med he still get seizure.

    I call it sixth sense Nani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Rita,

    Your hubby is most fortunate to have you as his wife :)

    Take care of each other. Lets make dua and pray that he gets better as the years pass by.

    I miss your stories. Don't apologize for taking some time off. After all, this virtual world is by far a tiny portion of our real life.

    Hehehe...look at me...I seldom update my blog. I'm such a lazy bummm. Sorry if U have been waiting for news from me -Sigh-

    -UmmuSarah-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had read an article about epilepsy, on doing my assignment last semester. Ohh..i can imagine the attack that he suffer.

    Be strong sis, as he really need you to be strong. Hopefully he may not driving alone, but we cant avoid that.

    My pray for your family, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks huda and amirah sometimes I feel hopeless because when he got the seizure I cannot do anything ,just make sure he did not hurt himself.

    ReplyDelete