Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Open day

Last monday was the open day for my son Amir's school and yesterday was my daughter's Aisyah. I went to Amir's school and the teacher complaint that Amir is always dreaming in class as if he is in his own world, those are the exact words used by the teacher. I send Amir to an all boys school hoping that the teacher are prepared to teach boys but I guess my Amir is to much to handle.

When my husband went to Aisyah's school, the teacher ask him, is Aisyah having any emotional pressure, really, is it that bad? How come I didn't notice anything wrong with my children. Having such remarks from the teachers make me think am I doing the right things. As for their exam results it is an average one ,Aisyah got a C for maths and others are B's and A's while Amir got 3 C which are maths and Bahasa Malaysia and the others are B's and A's.

Amir is a soft spoken and soft hearted boy and a bit lack of confident while Aisyah a bit more confident and she will voice out any dissatisfaction to me. I spend most of my free time with them, we dine out, we play board game like chess and monopoly together. We pray together. So what have I done wrong?

9 comments:

  1. You spend the most time with them and you know them inside out..teachers just give insights based on the limited time they have with them. Trust your gut feelings..moms are always right. I was shaken by many negative comments about my kids too..but we can do so much..the rest is still for Allah to handle. I'm learning to trust my kids' individual ability now..after getting so many confusing comments and judgement from so many people. You're a good mom. Just believe that. You did nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do accept my children abilities, their strengh and weakness however it still hurts when teachers give such remarks, I know my children are not perfect but saying that my children is uncontrolable to me is a bit to much. Yes Amir is easily distracted I guess it is a heredity trait and Aisyah is quiet but it doesn't mean that she is under emotional stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't mind those teachers. they don't know what they are saying. perhaps when you are helping amir with his school work, try to observe his response, coz you can understand him better than anyone else. aisyah... i think her teacher wasn't sure how to differentiate 'quiet' and 'reserve' behaviour. coz a quiet girl is a norm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just had the sessions for my 2nd and youngest boy....mine exams wise were average....one is hyperactive and one sleeps in his classes...I am concerned but i dont feel theres anything wrong with them or how i look after them....we do our best and at the same time we have to tawakkal when come to taking care of children...

    btw, i have wrote on how i fried the rice....no particular recipe actually

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Zai, still remarks like that sometimes make you wonder what when wrong but looking back at myself when i was young, I was worse than them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zanas, Thanks for the comforting words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teachers are sometimes overwhelmed with their work and school kids. Still, it is not fair for them to be that judgemental over our children. After all, each individual child is unique. We should nurture and make them feel precious. Don't worry about the teachers' remarks. We know our cheldren best. Of course they might not be the best in class, but they are still the best in our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done nothing wrong. Sometimes kids just need to mature. they are going to be fine. Keep on loving them just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete