Friday, August 1, 2008

Not my day

This last few days, actually for the past 3 weeks i've been coughing, I've went to see not only one but three doctors but my condition is still the same , hmm and I think it gone worse. From only coughing now I have running nose, block nose, my face all swollen and aching. The first doctor I met gave me antibiotic which does not agree with me so I got gastritis and diarrhea. So I went to see another doctor who gave me medication for my gastritis and diarrhea but no medicine for my cough and he ask me o stop my antibiotic. my stomach was better but my cough got worse, now with running nose.

The worse thing is my husband is infected by my illness and whenever he got respiratory infection his lung is filled with phlegm and he will have difficulty breathing. As long as i am still coughing he will be repeatedly infected, this I know because within this 3 weeks he have been recovering and got infected again. The last doctor I met, said my illness is not life threatening, I already know that, he is more concern with my husband because in my case it is the infection of the upper respiratory track whereas in my husband case it will go straight to his lung. But I don't think the doctor understand this , if they did not cure me my husband won't get better. His immune system is weak and is very sensitive to respiratory infection.

Now as i am typing, I am coughing, blowing my nose, my throat sore, my body aching but I am not near my husband that is one good thing. My husband is recovering, he can breath more easily now but I am coming home this evening so the episode will start again.

Hmm I am going to buy green tea on my way back.

14 comments:

  1. So sorry to know both of you're not well. Do what you must..and rest. Semoga lekas sembuh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopss..atas tu akulah yg komen..bukan adik aku. Dia tak log out tadi..

    ReplyDelete
  3. banyakan rehat rita...aku dulu bantu juga lama lepas kena denggi...dekat 2 bulan jugalah...tak makan ubat pun, makan ubat tak ader makna ...minum air suam banyak2 jangan minum air sejuk or ais...kay

    semoga cepat sembuh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. batuk..bukan bantu..salah eja lak...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doctors... sigh... most doctors nowadays just give medication for the symptoms but not the illness.

    I do wish you were somewhere nearby. I could recommend a good doctor whose clinic is in my neighbourhood.

    Hope you get well soon.

    And oh, try this trick to reduce coughing especially at night: Slather Vicks Vaporub on both your foot and then put socks on.

    They say it stops the coughing. What the heck eh? No harm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear this!!! I hope you and your husband feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Rita,

    patut le lama takde dengar berita, rupanya tak sihat. Insya Allah, sakit tu kafarah dosa. Allah sayang kat kita, tu yg dia bg kita sakit :) Sabar lah. Dapat cuti rehat tak? Klau bercuti, duk le rumah. Lie down, put up ur feet and get some good rest. Cuba le minum madu + perahan limau. Insya Allah, dpt melegakan tekak dan batuk. Btul ckp fiza tu, minum air bnyk2. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wish you and hub a speedy recovery. perhaps, u try not to be in the same room with hub until you get better? i know it's hard, but in his already weak condition, i believe it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laily, when I or my wife catch a cold or an infection, we sleep in different rooms...as well wash our hands as often as possible...as our hands are the worst carriers of infections. Don't sleep in same room till you both well.

    I hope you on the road to recovery...
    Laily...go to a Chinese medicine store, ask for 'Hor Yan Hor'....it is a herbal tea, made in Ipoh....it is tea...and not expensive...good for coughs, colds or fevers, flu.
    Check out with the store sin seh....ask him.

    But it is good to drink, two hot cups a day till feel better.
    As well you drinking that Chinese green tea is good too.
    Re the Chinese Green tea...look for this brand, 'Lung Ching' (Dragon well)....it is very nice to drink. My wife and I drink 5 to 6 cups a day especially after meals.
    Laily, here's wishing you get well soon, if need cheering up, drop by, ha ha. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Laily, it is with deep sorrow and regret to learn you have lost your loving husband.
    My prayers are with you and your family at this times.
    I share your sorrow....
    Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
    May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
    My deepest sympathies to you, your family and relatives.
    May he rest in peace...
    With thoughts of you and family, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. salam rita...ain ni.ingat lg tak..??takziah atas kehilangan suami yg tersayang..banyak2lah bersabar dengan ujian Allah. semoga terus tabah dan redha. i doakan Allah sentiasa memberikan kekuatan untuk u dan anak2. moga rasa kasih sayang dan kenangan bersama arwah suami akan menjadi pendorong dan semangat untuk u terus menjalani kehidupan. Insyaallah keluarga dan sahabat handai akan sentiasa di sisi you untuk sama2 mengharungi kehidupan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gi Laily. Heard the bad news. Please accept my heartfelt condolence. Hang tough gal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to all of you my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi teacher i am tan vi vian from smkpbk ex student (2005) saya rapat dengan Pn Rohana juga. i got seen u before also...i think may be u cant remember me...is ok.

    Teacher,sorry for i see your blog...i bukan sengaja nak tgk,sebab i research about my assignment things so i accidentally click on your url. Really so sorry.

    Hope teacher will get well soon..take care.
    selamat hari raya aidilfitri...

    ReplyDelete