Friday, October 24, 2008

Connected, disconected

A friend of mine is very frustrated with her mobile line provider for charging her RM900 for internet usage. Wow that is outrages. Most mobile line provider change 10 cents /10 kilobytes for transfered data but I never know it can reach up to RM 900 and I know she never subscribe to any paid sites. Actually I do get tired with my broadband line provider. For nearly one week I cannot  access the internet due to some problem they are facing. If I want any uninterrupted surfing I have to do it on weekdays and during the day. Sometimes even on weekdays I often get disconnected. 

I've tried two other mobile broadband lines before , one is RM99 and the other is RM68 permonth unlimited usage but I'm not satisfied with the speed. The RM99 is using EDGE which is a bit faster than GPRS but I can even sleep during downloading and after I wake up the process is still haven't completed. The RM 68 is using 3G but there is no 3G coverage in my area so I end up using GPRS which is even slower than RM99. One more problem I was using my handphone as a modem so when I wanted to get connected to the internet and as a solution I bought another handphone.

After that I came discovered the mobile broadband I am using now their charge is RM78 monthly and the usage is up to 5 Gig, they even give out a USB broadband modem, the speed is reasonable.

May be some of you are thinking why didn't she use fixed line or streamyx, why opt for mobile broadband. I had apllied to install fixed line at my house but my application is not aproved because  they said the line is full. What does they mean by that, it means they have to put another phone poll just for me and they didn't want to do it. so end of story.

Do any of you knows better option for me.
 

11 comments:

  1. Urrr..so far I don't have a any problem..my sis said maybe I live in old people's area..not many people use internet..so the line is hardly jammed. And just to make you envy..he he..my internet access is paid by my employer! Woo-hoo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laily, terima kaseh you mentioned about lunch during my tours, ha ha, da lupa na insert the makanan anyway, I just posted the last tour, and remembered what you mentioned, ha ha...so, come and see for your self.

    Wa Laily, you very hi-tech lady, saya pun don't know all this apa...broadband ke whatever. Ha ha.
    Anyway saya tada h/phone. I have 3 phones in my place, with one beside me next to my computer.
    Why saya tada h/phone is I am not a phone talker as well its expensive, $26 a month just to keep one when I don't need it.

    Regarding your land line to your house...this the 3rd time saya bacha, "line full", atau "no line" from my blogger friends.
    Please x'cuse me for saying this Laily, but for goodness sake, Malaysia has been advertising itself all over as a hi-tech country etc...and "line full"?

    I think some VIP fellow in charge tidur lagi, as phone lines are one of THE most important utilities for households.
    Especially as today people need or use computers at home.

    Disini, before they start on any new housing project, the first thing they do is lay out phone lines, electricity too...then only start to build the rumah2.
    Kalu tidak, the MP in that area tentu kena goreng! Ha ha.
    How are you Laily? Here's hoping you and family doing fine. Senang datang, ya? You have a nice day,Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam laily...

    I dont now much about this internet line or watever. Currently we are using TM net monthly package of RM77. So far everything works out well. It has been 2 yrs already. Any problem arise, hubby le yg tukang betulkan..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. liza...pandai nah awak buat orang jeles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laily, why not give your MP a call....ask why no line your place?
    Kalu dalan hutan saya understand, but....?
    As I am not familiar with Malaysia's system, I cannot say anything....maybe others will know.
    But hope you get your situation improved.
    Best regards, you keep well, Lee.

    ps, I too love to sail the high seas, on a tall ship...feel the waves, silent, hear the wind flapping the sails..
    Glad to know you feel the same way too....
    lets dream together, ha ha. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nani,
    I am so very jealous with you, how come your employer paid for your internet access, this is so unfair. he he hmm can you ask your employer to pay for one more ehem for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee,
    my friend also ask me to make complaint, but I had thrown away all the evidence. So for now I will stick to this line yg suka-suka bila nak laju dan nak slow. hmmm

    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  8. ain,
    itulah nak pakai tm streamyx tapi phone line takdak dah penuh tak boleh masuk ish geram betul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. zanas,
    memang dia sangat pandai buat orang jealous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betul la Kak Laily. Saya pun cadang nak tukar kepada talian tetap.

    ReplyDelete