Saturday, February 7, 2009

Second phase

Thanks for all the positive comments, really boost my spirit. Make me want to do more for my girls. So this is the second phase of what we have done. Some teacher said it looks more like a kindergarten, but when I ask my girls they love it and well to me that is more important. With limited resources this is what we had achieved so far.
As for the blog I already open an account and I've link it to sites that I felt useful for my girls and my colleagues and it is fully in bahasa. Only for entries on Thursday is in English because it is English day. However I am having problem in changing the header picture. I wanted to make the picture I took as the header but somehow it is not so easy.

Now I need to solve another problem, good books keep missing from the resource center aka library. The library had faced this problem for a long time. Every time new books coming in, it went missing. So as the solution the previous teacher hid the books in the processing room. I don't want to do that, what is the use of buying new books if the girls cannot make full use of it. So any ideas. He he he I am getting free consultation from my fellow blogger hope you don't mind.



10 comments:

  1. berseri dah library nko orang ekh. Pas ni sure ramai yg suka dok situ. psl buku hilang tu, may be nko blh buat satu rule. Put them in a special section..ada yg tukang jaga, then sapa2 pinjam..jot down the details. make sure they all return the book b4 leaving the library. Kenakan denda pada sapa2 yg x pulangkan buku balik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your library is looking better and better! Good job. And I like the fact that you don't restrict the girls when it comes to where they want to lepak in the library.

    The key is for them to feel comfortable.

    About the stolen/missing books. Well, the bright side is that the girls do know how to appreciate good books! But maybe you can use Ain's suggestion.

    Perhaps create a brand new category of Popular Books. Anyone reading it in the library must log their names in before reading the books. At least by doing this it might be easier for you to monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the library look better and better...sure will more student want to go in to library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada buat projek bacaan untuk pelajar?

    Dulu-dulu cikgu selalu bagi bintang kepada pelajar yang baca banyak buku dan juga buat rumusan pasal buku yang dibaca.

    Saya tak pasti sama ada benda yang sama masih di praktikkan lagi atau tidak di perpustakaan sekolah.

    Yang penting, pengawas perpustakaan ada pakaian seragamnya sendiri. Biasanya warna hijau.

    Bagus juga kalau Kak Laily aturkan Lawatan Sambil Belajar untuk pengawas perpustakaan melawat Perpustakaan Negara di Jalan Tun Razak, KL. Kredit untuk mereka juga kan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. laily!!! cantikkan your library? you really did a good job there! syabas!

    pertaining to the missing books, you may want to consider putting such good books under reference only, ie. no borrowing. there should be a section 'FOR REFERENCE ONLY' (sorry, not sure how you translate that into bahasa) where books used for research and projects cannot be brought out of the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Laily, drop by my pondok besok petang, your local time.
    I am keeping my promise to you...got a special surprise for you too, *wink*. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good having problem loading comments .my computer playing up soory about the mass :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laily, thats beautiful, the arrangement and decor. Outstanding! Well done.
    Re the missing books...why not call everyone for a chat....or meeting. Chat sounds better.
    Then have a chat about the missing books, how expensive they are to be replaced as well others not being able to read.
    And that if the books keep disappearing, might have to close down the library?
    Sometimes its better to use 'reverse psychology', ha ha. Play on their feelings and conscience. Might work, *wink*.

    You have a nice day, Laily. Keep well, Lee.

    ReplyDelete