Thursday, October 22, 2009

My sister

This year is not a good year for my sister. As I had wrote earlier this year, her husband is diagnosed with colon cancer and it had already reached stage 4. Now her husband had been in and out of the hospital. My sister now had a job alhamdullilah. Whenever her husband is in the hospital she will sleep at the hospital and go to work form hospital. Really I pity her, not only because of her husband's condition but also with her financial situation. Her debt now is to big to handle. The banks kept calling her.
Her daughter , Nana is 7 , same age as Omar however she looks more matured than her age. From the way she talk, you can sense that she is worried about her father, thinking of her future. She is overprotective of her little brother. I also noticed that she is much more thinner than before, when asked why she don't want to eat, she would say that she just don't feel like eating. Her exam result also deteriorate, she would say that she is worried of her father.
As for my children they did not saw they father suffers, but my niece and nephew see their father's condition deteriorating. My BIL is very weak and thin and now in the hospital.
Now all we can do is to pray things will be better for them. Sometimes I feel helpless for I cannot do anything for them. I once tought of withdrawing my late husband's money to pay for my sister's debt but my friends advice me not to do it because that money is not mine, instead it is my children's and it is a big sin if I do that. So I did not proceed with it.

4 comments:

  1. God works in mysterious ways. Let's all pray that your sister and her family will get through these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aizan, when i wrote the post i was not sure anybody would read it since I've stopped writing for sometime.
    Thanks for your support,really am grateful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Laily,

    Dah lama tak singgah sini. Terpandang update dlm blogroll Aizan tadi.

    Saya turut mendoakan agar beban derita BIL anda dapat dikurangkan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besar betul dugaan hidup dia..aku pun tak tau nak kata apa Rita..kita cuma mampu berdoa ada sedikit hikmah yag lahir dari keperitan ini..sedihkan lebih2 lagi ko dua beradik aje..

    ReplyDelete