Tuesday, April 29, 2008

He is not alone


Yesterday I helped out at my son's kindergarten , they are short of teacher because one teacher is sick. Well what to do I am a teacher so I just can help it. At first I was just helping them doing some wall decoration but when I saw a class without a teacher so I entered the class. There are 10 students in the class. The students was writing numbers, a task given by another teacher before I entered the class.

I introduced my self and ask them to continue with what they were doing. One boy came to me and show his writing I commented " very good you're a clever boy" the boy smiles, I asked him to sit at his place. After that everyone wanted to show me their work, I helped the them to write. I told the class I will give them smiley face is they finished their work.

Then I saw this boy, he is sitting in a small chair. He cannot write and he struggle to hold the pencil. His hand is short with fingers that cannot function well. He is physically challenge and sits quietly in front of the class. I go to him and ask, can you write, he nodded and tries to hold his pencil and scribble on the paper. I hold his fragile hand and guide him to write no 3. I asked him his name and I told him he is a clever boy and helped him finish his work and gave him a smiley face. His face lit up and he smiles.

He told me he wanted to be a doctor when he grow up, it breaks my heart. I told him to study hard. After that the boy can't stop talking, he told me where his mother is working, how many cars he have, he is cheerful,but I have to leave his table to look at his friends work. I saw him sit quietly at his table, he cannot walk his hand and feet are very small hardly functioning, but I also saw he have a big heart. I wish he will succeed in his live and be brave enough to face this cruel world. Not long after that his caregiver came and took him back and we all said good bye to him.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't the mom bring him to hospital, they have occupational therapy to help this boy overcome his shortcomings. Maybe you can suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ntah lah nani aku takut nanti depa kata aku lebih-lebih pulak. tapi aku rasa mak dia antar kat situ nak dia buat kawan.

    ReplyDelete