Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sick daughter

My schedule is a bit tight these few days, the dateline to submit my proposal is approaching and my daughter is sick, she is suffering from a severe headache . We took her to two different doctors the first doctor we went to, is a GP who says it is due to indigestion ( I was not very confident with her explanation but I didn't say anything).

The next day my daughter became worse she is lethargic, sleepy and the headache is stronger. I was panicked and start thinking of the worse, could this be meningitis because I thought small kids don't get headache. I checked info on meningitis through the net. The symptom is similar to what she is having. So I took her to a pediatrician since she is 11. It was my husband who took her there so I didn't know exactly what is the diagnosis ( The doctor gave my daughter a pain killer and an antibiotic) but he wanted to see her again today, hopefully it is nothing serious. However I am relief because she looks better today, the headache is reducing, she is able to move around.

I don't like it when my children is sick, kept thinking what is wrong , what if it is life threatening and my heart will start beating faster. Am I being paranoia, but I guess all mothers feel the same way I do, don't you think ?

4 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum sahabatku,

    Insya Allah, semoga Allah segera sembuhkan sakit AIsyah. Banyakkan berdoa, sesungguhnya Allah tak pernah melupakan hambaNya yg sentiasa ingat padaNya. Pasti ini ujian dariNya...

    -UmmuSarah-

    visit me at;

    ahliajannah.blogspot.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeap...we all mothers have been there. u take care n i hope your girl will have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its pretty normal to be paranoid when it comes to think like that.

    Hope your daughter will recover fully soon.

    But just to be on the safe side, go get a second, third or fourth opinion.

    I've heard too many horror stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats what any normal mom will do...don't worry sis, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete